Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Thoughts of Autumn during a heat wave

Okay okay, I know I must seem like a negligent mother putting a knit hat on my three month old baby in July during a heat wave. If it's any consolation, our air conditioner was on for I think five days straight and the hat is made of cotton yarn and a light merino wool. Since we were confined to our home for a couple days due to severe heat what better to do than think about fall and cozy hats on chubby cheeks.

When I was pregnant all I did was make stuff for the baby and the babies room. I couldn't make enough tiny hats for him. I kept a journal when I was pregnant and in one of my entries I mention that I made a similar hats for Ari and Sasha. In my entry I said "I wonder if our little boy will have Ari's eyes." - who knew? I specifically made Ari's hats to pick up on his blueish/grayish/greenish eyes never thinking that we'd have a baby with gorgeous baby blues, aka the Burling Blues. 

So back to my story of putting knit hats on babies in one hundred degree weather. I decided to start trying hats on Sasha wanting to see how cute he will be in autumn, if it's possible that he will be any cuter than he is in the summer. He didn't seem to mind at all. I spared him by not taking photos of him in six different hats. I was so thrilled that 1) the hats all fit and 2) the colors were all perfect for his eyes.  I know I'm bias, but I do truly think my little boy is beyond adorable. See for yourself. 
He has a little Brooklyn 'tude here

Stay tuned next month, I think I found my feet

1 comment: