Monday, July 4, 2011

Sasha's new work out

As new parents we want to make sure we are providing our baby with everything he needs from diapers that fit to clothing that feels comfortable to just the right bouncy chair. After careful research and a probably a waste of time on the Internet searching for a new activity for Sasha I finally decided on an activity gym. He already has a swing, bouncy seat and bebe pod chair (more to come on this as his neck gets a wee bit stronger), but I thought he was ready for something new (and so was I). Not to mention that we can not fit anything in our apartment that is not necessary unless he is in that particular stage of development.

I noticed he started to hit the animals hanging from his changing table and tracking their movement with his very alert eyes. Aha, perhaps a gym would be suitable for my little guy - he was ready. For those of you unfamiliar with the "gym", it's basically a soft mat with an array of toys hanging above it for babies to first stare at, then eventually hit with their hands and feet as they grow. I am one of those parents who does not like to just buy stuff for their baby unless I do lots of research after paying close attention to what Sasha may be ready for at his 10.5 weeks in life.

We were fortunate enough to go to a friends house and test out her son's gym. As soon as I put Sasha down he giggled with delight as the tiny stuffed animals danced over his head. He even hit one and got very excited, hence making his mommy know this was her next purchase. 

We finally went to the baby store this weekend while visiting family in Connecticut.  We picked out the perfect activity mat filled with adorable farm animals and a special pillow to help Sasha enjoy tummy time. This is an activity where babies need to spend time on their tummies to strengthen their head and neck muscles. Sasha does not enjoy being put on his belly but this little pillow gave him a little height making it more enjoyable. Yes, my little baby has a work out regime. Since we bought the toy in Connecticut the entire family had great pleasure watching Sasha enjoy his new toy as he laughed with delight so did all of us. 

As parents, we were beside ourselves with joy that we found something that made our baby so happy. Now I get why my mom still gets such joy out of buying me stuff that I love.

Sasha having fun with his new activity mat

Tummy Time!!! Baby training

Look at all these colorful animals
 

No comments:

Post a Comment