Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy First Halloween

As a child and well into adulthood I was never one for Halloween. I am not really the dressing up type and never really got into it. But I do like candy. Having a child I realized I have to change my attitude, since most kids (with the exception of me) love Halloween. What can be more fun than getting free candy and dressing up? 


Sasha got invited to his first Halloween party on Sunday. Mind you, his parents did not get invited to any. Nice that our child has a busier social calendar than us. We've been so busy that we got in that "ugh, we need find something for our child to wear mode" and felt like real parents. After many a conversation of costumes ranging from John Cougar baby camp (Ari's idea) to a farmer with a John Deere hat ($20 was too much for a hat to wear 2 minutes) to a lion (Mama had no time to knit a hat) we wanted something easy, comfortable and well not too expensive. 


Ari stumbled on this adorable skeleton costume from Old Navy. When it arrived I was thrilled to see it was basically a onesie made out of 100% cotton. Success - comfy, affordable, cute and glows in the dark. Then to top it off we added the red shoes that were a gift from my sister-in-law from when she was traveling in South America. Fortunately they fit perfect.


Up from nap, in the outfit, off to the party. Wine and cupcakes for the grown ups, floor play for the babies. A wonderful first Halloween. 


The not so scary skeleton.....

1 comment:

  1. Yay red shoes from Bolivia! Hope y'all had a great time at the party with Mr. Cutester. As soon as I get out from under these boxes, I am coming over! xx

    ReplyDelete