Monday, September 26, 2011

Mr. Tooth

Much like everything else with a new baby you never know what will happen on a given day. Sasha had been drooling like mad and chewing on everything including his little hands as often as he can. I just wrote this off as baby stuff knowing he was in the oral phase.

To my surprise about a week and a half ago I discovered that Sasha got his first tooth. I took him for a walk in the stroller and when I went to pick him up, there was no longer that delicious toothless grin. There was however the most adorable one tooth grin I ever saw. My little baby at the time was not even five months old and had his first tooth. I must have looked at it and touched it a dozen times before Sasha decided to put Mommy off limits from his mouth. 

There was something about this tooth that really set me back. I was filled with joy and emotions difficult to describe. This tooth seems like something so special and monumental that it made think that when he starts walking and talking I can't imagine the way I will feel.

This past weekend I discovered tooth number two poking it's way through. I have read that teething can cause a baby to be fussy or have fever or have trouble sleeping, well not our little guy. He's been a champ and never even fussed which was why I was so surprised he had a tooth not to mention number two on the way.

I only see that darling tooth when he smiles, it's so adorable and adds to Sasha's undeniable charm. It was very tricky to get photos of said tooth, but I (and Ari) finally did. See for yourself. 

There it is, bottom right. 

If you look real close you can see it...

No comments:

Post a Comment