Tuesday, September 20, 2011

What Goes Up Must Come Down

I knew the day would arrive, when exactly it would arrive I wasn't quite sure. The day I speak of, is the day that Mommy becomes a well a ball girl to some extent. My sweet baby has learned that what goes up must go come down. I'm referring to toys of course. Sasha throws it down and somehow the toy gets put back up to its original spot. Just to see how it happened, well, Sasha tries it again. And low and behold, Mommy, aka, the ball girl, picks it right back up. 

I was envisioning this little game to happen once Sasha starting sitting up unassisted and started playing with blocks. I pictured my little guy building a tower and then knocking it down over and over again and I would hunt for the pieces. What I didn't expect was for this fun little game to happen now. But then again every day is a surprise. 

That's the best part about having a little baby is you get to see the day through their eyes. Every time Sasha wakes up or gets carried to a new room he scans the area as if it's the first time he's seeing it. I wish I could be more like him and be more in the present.  Right now we are both learning from each other. Sasha learned that if he throws the toys on the floor they will miraculously end back up on his tray and I learned that that I love my job as his mom/ball girl.

Mommy puts toy on tray...   





Sasha grabs toy....           
Sasha proceeds to drop toy...
Sasha wonders how toy got on floor....

No comments:

Post a Comment