Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Play Area

A major draw of our new apartment was that there was a lot of play space for Sasha. When I first saw the new digs I immediately knew that I was going to create a play area for Sasha in the living room under the bay windows. 


I gave quite a bit of thought to how I wanted to set up the play area. I wanted Sasha to be able to have plenty of room to move around, have a quiet place to read, plenty of standing room and an overall area that would stimulate his imagination as he enters toddler hood next month. 


After many years of teaching early childhood I found myself creating areas much like I would in my class rooms. Sasha seems to be really enjoying his play area as are his friends that have been over since we moved. Let me take you for a little tour.


Sasha's play area. 
Cozy reading area. 
Fun action (loud) toys. 

Thanks for touring Sasha's play area. That was what it looks like at 7am. Nice, right? 
Now this is what Sasha's play area looks like at 7:05am. Nice, right? 

He moves quick. 
Just another day at the office. 

Now that I have everything where I want it I can play. 


No comments:

Post a Comment