Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Nine Month Check Up

Look at me, I'm 9 months old.
Somehow my little guy is three quarters of the way through his first year of life. Or as my pediatrician just mentioned, he's about four to six months away from having toddler tantrums. Oy. Well, for now, he's a sweet infant so we'll table toddler-hood for now.


After our nine month check up I'm happy to report that Sasha is perfect, yes, there you have it, he's perfect. At least in my eyes he is. In all seriousness, his health is perfect and that's huge, what more could we want as parents. 


When you get to the doctors office they make you strip down the baby to a diaper. Between the paper on the table and the mirrors at the end of the table Sasha thought he scored the baby jackpot party. He giggled and growled at himself in the mirrors while ripping the paper to shreds. I kept thinking "why do I buy toys", I should get a ream of paper, more mirrors and call it  a day. 


Sasha is now 28.75 inches, up from 26.5 inches at 6 months and he weighs 18lbs 6oz, up from 15lbs 5oz. According to the national charts he's 56% for his height, so there's hope for someone in our family to be a wee bit taller and 17% for weight, that sounds about right. 


In other news.....
Sasha has never been a fan of tummy time, even though he sleeps on his belly. It's no surprise that he hasn't been the most adventurous of crawlers. He has been on his hand and knees for about three weeks now, but chooses to rock back and forth in place. So our little guy doesn't want to crawl, no big deal, he's amazing at everything else and will get to walking when he's ready. I didn't know this, but the pediatrician told me that crawling is not considered a milestone. Who knew? 


About a week ago we noticed Sasha started to take steps when we held his hands. As you can see from this photo he loves to stand. I started to put toys on our couch so he could play while standing, which he loves. A remote control caught his eye and he started to cruise on over to get it. I had been placing remote controls, iPhone, at one point cold hard cash on the floor to get him to crawl, but no such luck. Now anything on the couch out of his reach he seems to manage to side step on over. Yesterday while playing with friends he lifted his arms away from the play table on two occasions and was standing by his lonesome. Look ma, no hands!
I like it up here.....
Whatever Sasha decides to do is fine with us. He drums to his his own baby beat and we like it just fine. 


And on a final note I wanted to mention he has been saying 'Mamamamama" for about a week now. It's the sweetest thing I've ever heard. He also says "pa", so we think "Papa" will be happening anytime soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment