Friday, June 8, 2012

Summer afternoon playground

Now that Sasha is very mobile the playground has been an entirely new experience. He seems like a new kid as he walks around exploring everything and trying to talk to the big kids. It felt like a real summer afternoon with a, well, a toddler. He was dirty and snacking and screaming and happy and walking everywhere. Instinctively I wanted to buy him water ice or ice cream or take him to the beach. I realized our little guy is growing up and he's truly amazing. See for yourself. 
I love this thing even though I have no idea what it is. 
What's interesting about Sasha is that his technique of play is his own style. When at the playground he's not the kid climbing on everything or anything he can get his toddler hands, feet or body on. Sasha is the kid that wants to know what make things tick. He immediately gravitates to the steering wheels, anything that makes a noise, anything that you can turn, click or bang. I often wonder if he will be an engineer or something very creative. 
I'm having so much fun!
Someday I'll have my own car and it will go fast. 
Having a walking toddler also means you have little control about where they're going since they get there fast. Last week Sasha found the sprinklers at the playground before I could say a word. He was having so much fun, all I could think was "thank goodness I have extra clothes in my bag".
Don't tell my mama I found this cup and now I''m drinking from it.


Have a great weekend everyone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment